Technology solutions provider with over ten years of experience developing liquid repellent nano coatings. With a focus on the consumer electronics industry, our client works directly with OEMs to make devices water resistant, improving their reliability and enabling them to survive liquid exposure in everyday accidents.
This role involves playing a leading role in the design and control system architecture, primarily associated with plasma deposition systems. As Senior Electrical Engineer you will provide a high level of functional expertise and the ability to lead by example. You will need to be up to date with the latest PLC and related control system technology. You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage projects when required.
This role will be 70% Engineering and 30% CAD activities.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and the ability to design appropriate control system solutions to meet defined requirements
- Ability to fault find and troubleshoot problems efficiently on both new projects and for existing systems, providing remote support for field service engineers when required.
- Ensure all system schematics and design details are accurately maintained
- Take an active role in risk assessments and FMEA activities, where you will be the technical expert on electrical and control hardware issues
- Works in conjunction with mechanical & automation engineering and Research and Development, in the development of current machines, and the design of new machines with particular focus on all aspects of electrical design
- Project manages with hands-on ownership of all electrical aspects of prototype developments, from detailed design through to final validation
- Ensure all prototypes are designed and built to the correct/desired electrical standard and are validated for use
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in electrical design role
- Experience with industry machinery within a technical environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and must possess and be able to demonstrate a flair for creativity and innovation
- Wide development experience, with ideally exposure to all aspects of supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release
- BOM creation and management
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and demonstrate excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills, between multiple projects
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Assisting the Research & Development, Service & Support and Manufacturing teams as and when required (time permitting)
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Occasional travelling may be required for this post
Key Relationships and Interfaces
- Line Manager for day-to-day direction
- Engineering, Research & Development, Service & Support and Manufacturing
Academic Qualifications or Key Knowledge
- BSc degree in Electrical Design
- Electrical Design Engineering expertise
- Other technical qualifications considered