Senior Development Engineer - Vehicle Engineering
Gerrell & Hard Ltd are proud to be working in partnership with a client who encourages employees to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. They are creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic.
Vehicle Engineering is an integral part of the vehicle development team responsible for bringing together the programme and engineering teams to deliver the product vision through balancing the vehicle attributes, delivering and managing the prototype fleet and developing the DVP&R.
The Senior Development Engineer resides within the Vehicle Engineering Team and will be responsible for executing DVP activities in order to deliver Final Engineering Completion and Final Engineering Sign-off. The candidate will have a good knowledge of vehicle systems and strong knowledge in automotive testing and experience in the field of vehicle development and sign-off. The role includes working with the entire product team.
• Support the Durability Engineer in co-ordinating and executing the whole vehicle durability plan
• Take a lead role in whole vehicle testing
• Take ownership of the vehicle during testing
• Co-ordinate and liaise with the PMT groups to ensure test requirements are captured
• Co-ordinate and organise tests in accordance with the DVP
• Identify test locations and facilities, equipment, facility, parts, transport etc.
• Ensure fleet vehicles and test procedures are aligned and compatible
• Ensure vehicles are prepared and validated ahead of testing
• Gather and interpret data for analysis during testing
• Lead the post-test analysis i.e. strip down, investigation, data analysis and reporting
• Write detailed reports with clear analysis
• Support the development of test descriptions and procedures
• Support the Vehicle Engineering team as and when required
• Support test vehicles both in the UK and abroad
• A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
• Experience in Vehicle Engineering / Integration / Development in delivery of an end to end vehicle program.
• A good knowledge of automotive design, vehicle systems and technology and be familiar with key areas of body, chassis, electrical and powertrain.
• Competent and able to assemble, remove, refit components and diagnose issues both on and off vehicle
• Previous experience of vehicle prototype build and testing
• Experience in planning and co-ordinating
• Ability and knowledge of instrumentation systems
• Proving ground experience and knowledge is beneficial
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information, both in writing and verbally.
• Confident in leading meetings and ability to present
• Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment
• A good working knowledge of MS Office
• Self-starter - ability to work independently.
• Excellent team-working skills
Cv's to firstname.lastname@example.org