Senior Creative Designer
Perm - Salary £Competitive
Our Automotive OEM in central London is seeking a new Senior Creative Designer to join their Design Studio.
Overview of Job Role
To provide modern innovative exterior and interior designs which reflect the requirements and expectations of the Company product planning brief.
• Create, develop and deliver, from parts to full product all through a program
• Provide trend boards, concept sketches, styling feedback and final illustrations to team and management
• Support in the modelling activity, via manual clay or digital 3D CAD (incl. Alias) and other software systems, pending the model phase completion. Own knowledge and ability in Clay and Digital modelling to support the holistic design process.
• Strong awareness of engineering requirements with the ability to negotiate and/or incorporate feedback into design proposals to meet required feasibility level.
Key Tasks Defined
• Create and prepare sketches using manual and CAD (incl. Photoshop) techniques, demonstrating clarity and creativity
• Actively participate in technical and styling reviews and plan when necessary
• Proactively assist in the creation/collaboration of current and future designs and trends
• Communicate with Digital/Clay Modelling teams to transform designs from 2D to 3D successfully and with minimum supervision.
• Communicate with cross-function departments including the project team to ensure Best Practice is maintained
Skills and Attributes Required
• Creative and innovative, with a proactive approach and understanding of team work
• Drawing skills, including manual and photoshop techniques coupled with an understanding of perspective and technical drawings
• Confident active understanding of form/sculpture practices
Qualifications or Knowledge Required
• A degree in Automotive Design or equivalent is essential
• Strong automotive technical knowledge
• An understanding of product materials and social and product trend knowledge
• Solid experience in a design studio environment is essential
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
To apply please send us a copy of your MS Word formatted CV for our review.