Senior Cost Engineer
We are an electric performance car brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining.
There is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive, performance.
My client has significantly expanded its research and development capacity with the establishment of a new R&D center in the United Kingdom. Situated in Coventry, the new facility will allow to increase its own R&D capabilities, and further strengthens the brand’s ability to engineer its future electric performance vehicles.
Cost Engineer Vision
Achieve cost optimized design solutions and competitive cost through actively providing fact-based input and negotiation support to reach best price
- Plan and perform the main tasks according to program plan when applicable.
- Control tooling specification in order to avoid paying for unique tools.
- Provide cost estimates based on “state of the art” on Material, Machines and Process technology.
- Perform tasks in line with CE guidelines to secure lean operation with stable quality and transparency.
- Evaluate concept cost in design competition phase to support R&D and purchaser to make commercial judgement.
- Establish cost database for key commodity.
- Support project team to drive resolution and establish action plans on supplier issues.
- Coordinate cross functional teams within Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to secure the deliverable of project.
What you will do
- Deliver Cost benchmark analysis on CPL. Vehicle level as well as System level.
- Deliver Part price frames to SDP (System Development Plan) decisions.
- Deliver cost targets on Sub-system level at gate Project Start in new Programs.
- Support R&D with cost specialist competencies when evaluating and selecting technical concepts.
- Deliver Cost estimates to Target Evaluation.
- Deliver should cost estimates and fact based negotiation arguments to new sourcing contracts and changes versus contracts, QOP.
- Actively support buyers in fact based negotiations in order to meet the estimated cost or program affordable cost.
- Deliver benchmark cost and delta analysis for raw material claims
- Act as a member of cost optimization teams. Deliver cost estimates on parts in running production and on new ideas.
- Act as cost specialist in competitor analysis.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in engineering
- More than 5 years working experiences in cost estimation, manufacture, tooling, production area in well-known OEM or tier 1 supplier, tooling company.
- Good knowledge of production, material, manufacture process.
- Good knowledge of stamping, machining, casting, forming, welding, surface treatment, injection and assembly etc.
- Have experience in new energy vehicle area, Electric driven system experience is a plus. （power -battery , e-motor, electric system ,etc.)
- Light–weight BIW （like Aluminium-BIW）experience is a plus.
- Familiar with tooling structure and manufacture.
- Have fact base negotiation and cost analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated fluency in English, written and spoken, as well as experiences working in global environment.
- Project management awareness.