Great time to join an expanding company developing some of the very latest technology used to support electric vehicles. We are looking for a Senior Control Systems Engineer with hands on experience of electric vehicle systems, CAN bus communication systems as well as Matlab & Simulink for software & control systems design.
The Vehicle Controls Team is responsible for developing vehicle-level control systems which allow the unique capabilities of the technology to be demonstrated and tested to maximum effect, both in internal and customer funded vehicle projects. This currently includes development of torque vectoring strategies, traction control and ABS, with full stability control and brake-by-wire integration planned for the future.
Control system development will start in simulation and final testing will take place in vehicles
developed and built by this client. As the Senior Control Systems Engineer you will take an active role in specifying, developing and supporting these systems.
You will also be involved in specifying and commissioning low and high voltage electrical system architectures on our (internal and customer) vehicles.
This role reports to the Vehicle Engineering & Controls Manager and is based in the UK with an occasional requirement for national and international travel, primarily to China/Europe.
- Designing, verifying and validating controls systems
- Electric Vehicle System architecture design and project management
- Developing software in Simulink, integration and testing
- Verifying and validating of the software on HIL, dyno and in the vehicle
- Delivering, reporting and presenting of work progress
- Collaborating with others to plan, design, develop and test
- Supporting in vehicle system integration
- Analysing and resolving technical problems
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
- Technical degree in software, electronics, controls or automotive engineering
- Automotive experience
- Experience of CAN based communications
- Understanding Electric Vehicles and challenges involved with their development
- MATLAB/Simulink development environment
- Hands-on experience of vehicle electrical systems
- Experience with vehicle-level control systems design, implementation and calibration
- Fluent English speaker
- Electrical system (harness) design process
• Discretionary Bonus - up to 15%
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Share Options
• Learning & Development
• Relocation package
The client has a forward thinking, professional and open culture and are looking for likeminded individuals who can add value to the hardware department.