We are looking for an Engineer who has experience in embedded software as well as control systems. The main part of the role is to code, validate and test software with inputs from system modelling as required in the development of present and new power electronics based products.
- Development and implementation of control algorithms, communication protocols, troubleshooting control systems during system-level testing, and test plan development.
- Development and implementation of modelling solutions (first principles and system identification), and conduct trade studies and analysis of system/subsystem performance.
- Perform validation tests on products to ensure correct operation of software.
- Maintain legacy code for present power electronic products and in-development inverters, collaborating with the Senior Software Engineer.
- Write code for new functionality identified in product development.
- Write well-documented code that adheres to company’s programming conventions.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Physics, or Math
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience designing, coding and testing software in C for bare-metal (non-RTOS) industrial, energy or automotive applications.
- Experience with software implementation of one or more: closed-loop field-oriented motor control, PLL grid synchronised inverters, solar panel MPPT controllers, UPS.
- Experience in the development of simulation models and control algorithms of electrical drives, power converters or power systems using SimPowerSystems / PLECS / PSIM.
- Experience in designing products compliant to various distributed energy grid codes
- Solid understanding of control theory
- Use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and power analysers in system validation
- Health cover + family
- 25 days hols
- Life assurance
- Free parking
- Hours of work are Mon to Thurs 8.30-5 and 1.30 on Friday. Flexitime/Flexible working is also available