Senior Colour & Materials Designer
12 month contract
£30 - £40 Ltd an hour depending on experience
Graduate plus a min of 3 - 4 years automotive experience
Colour, Material and Finish Designer – Contract role – Experienced level
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
• To ideate, develop concepts and execute final design of colours, materials and finishes for Automotive in relation to the overall design and company strategy.
• To ensure delivery of all customer-facing finishes in collaboration with Automotive Interior and Exterior Design functions, and in alignment Engineering, Commercial and Programme Teams.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports To: CMF Design Lead
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute all phases of aesthetic colour and material development from initial trend research, to concept development and refinement.
• Collaborate with Engineering functions to understand material feasibility and support in transition from Design Concept to Production Design, including mastering.
• Collaborating with key teams to deliver projects on time and within budget.
• Research the market, trends, technology, process and innovative materials, looking cross functionally at product, fashion, technology as well as transport to support innovative design generation.
• Work with external suppliers to achieve design outcome and develop materials for production.
• Produce Design Presentations for internal review and programme specific milestones, including 2D and 3D models.
• Minimum 3 x years of Automotive CMF experience.
• Highly creative and able to communicate ideas with confidence.
• Good Project Management skills, time planning, budget setting, able to juggling demands from internal and external sources.
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of materials and finishes for Automotive Production and able to identify material potential for innovation.
• Awareness of the high end luxury market sector, from fashion to product and interior design.
• Occasional requirement to travel - UK drivers license useful.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review to firstname.lastname@example.org