We are looking for an experienced Senior CNC Technician to join our high precision manufacturing team.
You will be responsible for manufacturing parts required to develop our experimental campaign. You will be building state of the art technology in a highly skilled team of scientists and engineers.
Projects will range from developing pulsed power machines to achieve electro-magnetic launch of projectiles exceeding 20km/s, to complex target design and development. All will require creative approaches in design, manufacturing and use of materials.
Responsibilities will include:
• Production of precision components that meet the required specifications in the agreed timelines.
• Safe operation of machines, tools and equipment.
• Programming the machine tools with data taken from technical drawings.
• Planning the most efficient order of machine operations for each job.
• Checking that work meets quality and technical standards.
• Routine maintenance and risk prevention procedures.
Ideal proven ability:
• Appropriate qualification and further relevant experience in the role.
• In-depth understanding of CNC programming and machine operations.
• Experience in conventional milling and turning.
• Experience in the manufacturing of high precision components.
• A full understanding of health and safety and the ability to work safely.
• Methodical approach to task implementation.
• Ability to work reliably under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated self-motivation and enthusiasm to work in a dynamic team environment.
Nice to have:
• Working knowledge of EDGECAM
• Experience in the use of wider engineering equipment such as welding, grinding, wire erosion.
• Inspection / QA experience