Senior Engineer - Suspension And Steering (CAD)
Permanent or Contract roles available
Our automotive OEM is seeking multiple Senior Chassis Engineers to work on existing cars / projects, supporting changes and modifications within their current engineering team. This will involve Catia V5 Chassis Design and Project Engineering.
The role will be 80% CAD based and 20% project engineering. With x2 of the roles being structural and the other x2 being suspension and steering biased.
Duties / Responsibilities (Including Objectives of the role):
Working in our Suspension & Steering team, you will be delivering technical solutions to keep our driving experience at the forefront of the market. You’ll take design ownership for individual systems/ parts and use your skills and experience to deliver innovative results.
Always for the drivers, our company is expanding its product range following strong investment and a long term backing. Known to be about pure driving experience, your work will ensure we keep that heritage with us in to the future range of products we deliver.
On the day-to-day, your work will vary, but key responsibilities will be around;
• Design support of vehicle subsystems/ components
• Concept and detailed engineering design
• Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings and data packs, including FMEAs and DVPS
• Supporting a “fit and function” evaluation of subsystem components
On a wider scale, you’ll support the team with planning and proposal information and support the department with quality systems approval where necessary.
• Degree educated in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering
• Technical knowledge covering the specification and delivery of suspension and steering system related parts
• Experience in a similar role within automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier
• Expert user of CATIA v5
• Experience across the design process from concept through to launch
You’ll also need to be highly organised, with good time management skills and a personal drive to deliver quality work.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.