Our client are a global manufacturing company supplying products to automotive OEM customers from more than 70 manufacturing facilities spanning several continents. Their product line includes Climate, Exhaust, Heat Exchange, Interior and Electronic Systems. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Purchasing Controller to join the Procurement division, based predominantly at their site in Llanelli. This position will require travel regionally and globally. Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will be required to identify, develop and execute commodity and supplier strategies to deliver sustainable, year on year cost reductions whilst improving free cash flow and ensuring the exceptional levels of quality, delivery and service.
The successful candidate shall be a dynamic, proactive, results oriented individual with the ability to work to tight deadlines. You must possess excellent organisational, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills to ensure success. You must be used to working within a fast paced manufacturing environment, operating to the highest standard. You will have strong numerical and analytical skills, as well as planning capabilities with the ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
• Responsible for strategic sourcing of assigned commodities for the European region.
• Develop and implement robust commodity strategies and supplier battle plans to deliver business objectives.
• Capture New Programme Launch, Engineering and Operational requirements and commercially communicate to the supply base.
• Negotiate best terms (price, payment terms, lead time, terms and conditions etc.) with all supply base.
• Understands price analysis and can interrogate the supplier’s price to determine if they are fair and equitable.
• Maintains current and accurate purchase order date in the Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) in accordance with procurement processes and procedures.
• Resolves discrepancies between supplier performance and purchase order requirements.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field.
• Ideally hold experience within a similar role, gained in a fast moving, automotive manufacturing environment.
• Have excellent computer literacy in Microsoft Office and procurement processes.
• Have experience with Material Replenishment System (MRP) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
• Be trained in continuous/process improvement methodology.
• A second European language is desirable.