Volta Trucks is a start-up full-electric commercial vehicle manufacturer and services company. Volta Trucks has offices in Sweden, France and the UK. The first prototype Volta Zero was launched in September 2020, with the first pre-production vehicles due to start evaluation with customers in 2021 ahead of the start of series production in 2022.
Working for the Head of Procurement, an ambitious buyer/senior buyer is sought to develop, source and manage the supply base of Volta Trucks. As a relatively new business, this is an opportunity to be part of the team that shapes and establishes a new supply chain operating in a dynamic and collaborative business.
In coordination with the Volta Trucks Engineering team this role will focus on developing relationships, contracting and supply chain management to ensure programme objectives are met.
Previous experience in heavy vehicles or a comparable industry is desirable, with experience in multiple commodity or category groups. Personal traits need to include a self motivated, proactive and diligent, with the ability to independently drive sourcing projects from strategy creation to delivery (and ongoing supplier management).
This is a full-time role, with some travel in the UK and internationally. It is a mix of remote working and being office-based in the M3 / M4 corridor west of London. This role is perfect for someone proactive, independent, and results-driven and who has a great approach to teamwork and collaboration.
• Manage multiple sourcing projects, during the sourcing and delivery phase, to meet programme requirements
• Support the development and execution of purchasing strategies
• Lead supplier engagement, sourcing and contract management (for prototype and production supply base)
• Work closely with key cross functional teams to ensure transparency, be responsible and accountable to make and influence key decisions in the best interest of the business
• Develop supplier relationships to deliver mutual benefits
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or similar, preferably in Purchasing, Supply Chain or Business
• At least three years of procurement or commercial experience, preferably within the truck or heavy vehicle segment
• Experienced negotiator with a proven track record of end to end supply base management (strategy, sourcing, delivery and ongoing management)
• Experience of category or project management, strong analytical skills with the ability to simplify complex data
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint etc and experience using ERP systems
• Experience of financial and quality supplier qualification processes
• Strong oral and written skills in the English language
• Strong communication, editing and written skills in the English language. A second language would be desirable
• Understanding of key cost drivers in manufacturing processes
• Experience working in direct and indirect procurement
• Process development and improvement skills