Our client is an Automotive business that develops Electric Performance & High-Performance cars. They have recently set up a new UK facility in Coventry and are working on New Electric Vehicle Projects.
We are looking for a Senior Buyer on a contract basis with automotive purchasing experience in both direct material & indirect material.
You will be leading the procurement, negotiations and agreements in professional services, incorporating all engineering, marketing, customer service, IT /Digital & GTM consultants as well as engineering, customer service & IT/Digital bought-in Services to market competitive pricing and value.
- Lead all sourcing for consultant recruitment and bought-in services across the business.
- Lead all IT-related bought services (SW, HW & Licences).
- Collaborate with R&D for projects for specific areas and act as main contact for all commercial issues towards suppliers
- Establish supplier bases for each area defining short & long term sourcing strategies, and aligning with the business
- Perform procurement according to defined strategies and frameworks and negotiate commercial and legal agreements.
- Track key performance indicators on supplier and stakeholder contract compliance; define and take corrective actions to improve contracts compliance and continuously track supplier performance on quality and cost.
- Develop sourcing strategies; carry out market test analysis and benchmarking studies for specific areas, and developing global supplier base strategically
- Coordinate cross functional teams within Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to secure the deliverable of project.
- Initiate and conduct supplier evaluations and supplier audits with cross team.
BSc in Economics or Technical discipline from a university degree or equivalent institution.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages
You'll demonstrate good understanding about cost structure, with fact based negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
You’ll be a strong communicator, that is positive and passionate, with a “nothing is impossible mind-set” and equally be a good team player.