A new opportunity has arisen with an innovative high-performance business for a Senior Buyer to join the purchasing department located at their facility in Norwich.
Our client specialises in delivering the most complete and competitive seating packages in the aerospace industry.
You will experience in a similar position across the following areas: purchasing, supply chain, materials control, logistics or expediting and demonstrate good understanding with business ERP and MRP ordering systems.
You will an expert in developing and maintaining a supplier base, and sourcing strategy across the commodity group suitable to deliver the current and future needs of the business. The role will include the need to set up, and manage supply of production materials, tooling and/or services.
- Raise, execute and manage purchase orders
- Inventory Control of materials and resources to production lines
- Control and lead supplier negotiations
- Monitor and maintain the correct level of QCD performance
- Strong contract awareness and capability, to create and ensure the necessary contractual arrangements are in place to control and manage business risks
- To analyse quotes and QAF’s to be able to effectively negotiate with the supplier, and to summarise the information for the supplier nomination process.
- To be able to implement a cost down program
- Negotiating skills to include consideration of MRP, MOQ, and batch size constraints
- To be mindful of total acquisition costs when negotiating with suppliers
- To have an understanding of import duty regulations, Intrastat codes etc
- To be able to manage a “High Risk” supplier if required
Qualification, Experience & Skills
- Qualified to Degree level/Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Experience of operating within both a development and a serial production environment Understanding of legal framework, especially contract law
This position will require regular travel and the individual must hold a current passport and be willing to undertake short and long haul travel on an as required basis.
Eligible to work in the UK and ability to work flexible hours, as required