14 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our client are a nationally recognised independent research, development, test and certification house within the advanced automotive and power systems engineering sectors. They support businesses and organisations to develop the next generation of low carbon technologies.
We are currently looking to recruit x2 Senior Battery Test & Development Engineers to join them in stunning South Wales. The successful applicant will lead elements of technical development and deployment of commercial projects as well as assisting in the running of programmes from a technical specialist perspective. We are looking for candidates who have proven experience of new energy storage products, or hybrid / electrical drive systems.
• To lead elements of technical development and deployment of commercial projects as well as assisting in the running of programmes from a technical specialist point of view.
• To contribute to the process of obtaining significant levels of commercial income.
• To contribute to the development and sustaining of a strategy to ensure appropriate commercial technical workstreams are delivered to ensure a sustainable growth.
• To represent the centre internally at technical meetings where required.
• To contribute to the general induction of all staff associated with the centre.
• To continuously work on fostering new and closer working relationships with similar centres, research organisations and businesses.
• To undertake any additional or alternative duties commensurate with the grade as directed by the centre director.
• Academic /technical publication / report writing experience associated with research and/or commercial developments.
• Good speaking abilities to present complex technical reports and / or research materials.
• Interpersonal skills applicable to the technical delivery of multi partner programmes / projects
• Experienced practical engineer with electronic, electrical, mechanical and software skills and abilities.
• Software writing experience (‘C’, C#, XML for example)
• Good knowledge of low carbon automotive technologies, with a focus on battery technologies, testing methods and experimental setups, including a previous record of delivering such related activities.
• Knowledge of energy storage technologies, including lithium batteries, their integration in high power applications and associated battery management systems, with experience of CANbus scripts and database development.
• Understanding / knowledge of the development of energy storage and automotive products and the testing requirements.
• Knowledge of the new technologies in low carbon vehicle technological developments
• Knowledge / experience of some of the Automotive SW applications (Vector, ETAS, LabVIEW, MATLAB etc)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the technical delivery of large scale commercial / research projects.
• Experience with the development of new energy storage products, or hybrid / electrical drive systems, including electrical, mechanical and thermal design processes.