3 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our client are a nationally recognised independent research, development, test and certification house within the advanced automotive and power systems engineering sectors. They support businesses and organisations to develop the next generation of low carbon technologies.
We are currently looking to recruit x2 Senior Battery Test & Development Engineers to join them in stunning South Wales. The successful applicant will lead elements of technical development and deployment of commercial projects as well as assisting in the running of programmes from a technical specialist perspective. We are looking for candidates who have proven experience of new energy storage products, or hybrid / electrical drive systems.
• To lead elements of technical development and deployment of commercial projects as well as assisting in the running of programmes from a technical specialist point of view.
• To contribute to the process of obtaining significant levels of commercial income.
• To contribute to the development and sustaining of a strategy to ensure appropriate commercial technical workstreams are delivered to ensure a sustainable growth.
• To represent the centre internally at technical meetings where required.
• To contribute to the general induction of all staff associated with the centre.
• To continuously work on fostering new and closer working relationships with similar centres, research organisations and businesses.
• To undertake any additional or alternative duties commensurate with the grade as directed by the centre director.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the technical delivery of commercial tests and development of electric vehicle battery or HV drive systems
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with the test / development of new energy storage products, or hybrid / electrical drive systems, including electrical, mechanical development
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with delivery of test data analysis and presenting technical reports for commercial projects
• Experienced practical test engineer with electronic, electrical, mechanical and software skills & abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities to present complex technical reports
• Demonstrable ability to present to and communicate with a broad range of stakeholders
• Experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders, with a proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
• Good knowledge of low carbon automotive technologies as related to the test and development environment
• Knowledge of energy storage technologies, including lithium batteries, their integration in high power applications and associated battery management systems
• Understanding / knowledge of the development of energy storage as it relates to automotive products and the testing requirements
• Degree level / Higher level degree qualification in engineering / automotive related discipline and / or energy systems engineering