We are looking to recruit a Senior Acoustic Development Engineer, responsible for the development of in-house and brand partnership passive loudspeakers. We are looking for a multi-disciplinary engineer, well versed in the full product design lifecycle, from concept through to introduction into manufacturing.
You’ll need excellent problem-solving and communication skills and possess the ability to lead exploration, prototyping, development and evaluation of audio products, modules and components in-line with the agreed business/partner strategies and roadmaps.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead exploration, prototyping, development and evaluation of audio activities on allocated projects
• Write and maintain the product specifications
• Responsible for the acoustics and tuning of passive loudspeakers and installed audio products
• Delivering projects to the required performance level, cost and timescale
• Oversight of the mechanical and acoustic design plus any electronics integration
• Collaborate with the mechanical, transducer and electronic design teams to specify and deliver high performing audio products that are better than the next best alternative and/or previous generation
• Work closely with our Quality teams to ensure audio products are manufacturable and reliable
• Support the research and exploration of new audio technologies and introduce them into new audio product developments
• Willing to travel to support development projects and audio tuning
• Organise, prioritise and track workload
• Benchmark audio standards and competitor products
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Acoustics or other relevant subject
• Experience from within the audio industry
• Essential skills, knowledge and experience designing and working with loudspeakers both in systems and transducers
• Practical skills in engineering design, development, evaluation, tuning and debug of loudspeakers and passive/active audio systems
• An understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
• Solid understanding of acoustic instrumentation, calibration and measurement
This is a hands on role and would suit a NPI Development Engineer who has a systems approach, is flexible and happy to be a team player – doing what’s required to get the job done. A background developing loudspeakers would be ideal, experience using Klippel would be useful and the ability to take frequency range measurements is needed.
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Life assurance
• Discounted products, free food & annual bonus