The role involves the overseeing and participation in the development of in-house and jointly developed products with influence over all technical aspects with an ultimate focus on sound quality. This involves helping to define the technical aspects of the systems as well as having a role in the tuning of the final product. The successful candidate will have responsibility for delivering the product to the required cost and timescale whilst maintaining our clients unsurpassed reputation for audio performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead and participate in development activities for projects with both internal manufacturing and external partners
• Write and maintain the product specifications.
• Be responsible for both defining the acoustics and the tuning of the final product
• Responsibility for delivering projects to the required performance level, cost and timescale.
• Oversee and drive the mechanical and acoustic design and electronics integration.
• Liaise with the mechanical, transducer and electronics design teams across the globe to specify a product that meets or exceeds the requirements.
• Work with the Quality team to ensure product is manufacturable and reliable.
• Where necessary collaborate with the software teams to ensure audio quality is considered.
• Where necessary liaise with external industrial design partners
• Collaboration with the research team in introducing new technologies into new product development activities.
• Willing to travel to support development projects and audio tuning.
• Track and organise workload.
• Full loudspeaker system prototyping and testing
• Bachelor or Master degree in Acoustics or Electronics or other relevant subject.
• Experience in a Product Development Environment with experience in working with cross-functional teams.
• Essential skills, knowledge and experience designing and working with loudspeakers both in systems and transducers.
• Practical skills in engineering design, development, evaluation, tuning and debug of loudspeakers and passive/active audio systems and introducing audio products into mass production.
• An understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
• Familiar with Matlab and electronics.
• Solid understanding of acoustic instrumentation, calibration and measurement.
• Knowledge of and interest in the consumer audio market.
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Life assurance
• Discounted products, free food & annual bonus