Our Automotive Tier 1 client are currently seeking a Section Leader, Interior to join their Interior Product Development Team.
The key objective of the role is to lead product development activities of Interior parts within Cockpit Module and Console.
• To own QCT KPIs for the allocated projects development activities.
• To work in accordance with company procedures, work and operating instructions; which comply with the requirements of TS 16949.
• To lead life cycle project development activities within cockpit module and console systems that include quality improvement and cost reduction activities.
• To manage the team of Senior Engineers and Engineers.
• To use engineering tools and techniques to ensure design quality assurance is achieved. Using DFMEA, FTA, etc.
• Interface between R&D and internal/external customers and be the primary contact for any technical reviews and communications.
• To mentor and guide the team to make technical decisions based supporting data and analysis.
• To lead continuous improvement activities from a development perspective.
• Produce regular reports for Management reviews.
Skills & experience required;
• Ideally hold a minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related engineering discipline.
• English fluent, additional language is preferred
• Demonstrated experience in leading Automotive Interior development projects with sound knowledge of Interior parts manufacturing processes like Injection moulding, in mould film, sheet metal parts.
• With a demonstrated previous experience of a supervisory/leadership role.
• Project management to meet Q,C,T milestone(s) of R&D activities,
• Demonstrated experience to lead the Interior Development Engineering team,
• Sound knowledge of Performance and Quality requirements for Interior components,
• Sound knowledge of manufacturing processes for Interior Products,
• Be proficient in conducting engineering studies like tolerance stack up and hand calculations for desired effect to make Proof Of Concept (POC),
• Ability to complete detailed design for manufacture activities,
• Lead design reviews with Customer and Cross-function/Regional teams.
This is an initial 6 month fixed term contract offering a competitive salary and the following benefits;
Company Contribution up to 8% for Pension
Company Sick Pay Scheme
Hours – 39 per week Monday to Friday
25 days’ annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
Free Car Parking