Safety Manager - AI / Autonomous Vehicles
|Job Title:||Safety Manager - AI / Autonomous Vehicles|
|Salary:||£competitive (dependent on proven ability) + bens|
|Contact Name:||Paul Frisby|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2019 10:16|
Leading Artificial Intelligence firm specialising in mobile autonomy is seeking a proven Safety Manager to play a leading role in their growth, which will include significant road trials in the UK. Ideally you have prior experience in a private or public sector organisation, ideally involving vehicles and/or road trials.
My client is the driving force behind many of the UK’s autonomous vehicle initiatives; bringing self-driving cars to the streets of some of the UK leading cities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s premier start-ups focusing on an amazing, fast moving area of technology. They are looking for someone who can come and make a contribution to the company, the culture, the science and our customers.
Safety is of paramount important in all of our vehicle trails deployments and is built in to our whole engineering approach in conjunction with healthy doses of risk management and hazard analysis.
The Safety Manager will report into Board-level. The Safety Manager will generally be responsible for monitoring and improving safety policy and for conducting regular audits the address compliance.
• Work with our engineering teams to review, update and maintain our full safety policy for all autonomous vehicle road testing
• Responsible for directing real-time incident management to an agreed set of policies and processes
• Responsible for scripting the whole incident management plan and reporting process, ensuring that all individuals in the company understand their part in the process
• Work with senior management on the communication plan around incident management
• Work with our software developers to develop and improve our cloud-based incident tracking system
• Regularly test and stress our incident management plan by conducting fire drills and assessing organisational compliance and performance
• Represent the business in national discussions on autonomous vehicle safety, certification, validation and other best practice that adds to our capability to safely run ever-developing software in road trials
• Incident investigation, reporting and process improvement
• Developing training, coaching and mentoring programmes to ensure that employees understand their responsibilities within the safety process
• Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations
• Presenting safety principles to staff in meetings or lecture-type training sessions
• Creating safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
• Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions in our vehicle build workshop
• Liaising with law enforcement and other investigators who are present at the time of a serious accident
• Reviewing and reporting on the staff's compliance with health and safety rules and recommending commendations or dismissal based on serious breach
• The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies
• Oversees the safety of field deployments and trials and audits those trials
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's