Leading tech business is seeking a proven Research Manager to lead the research, development & design of embedded electronics within their product portfolio.
My client offers a unique opportunity for a talented and experienced Embedded Electronics Research Manager to join the Technical Research Team, within my clients Research, Design & Development department based in Wiltshire.
Reporting to the Head of, you will lead a growing team of Embedded Electronics engineers. You will:
• Lead and take technical responsibility for the embedded electronics team covering multiple projects
• Work with the different product teams to gain an in depth product understanding, while using their expert knowledge of the latest technologies to create innovative electronic systems and solutions
• Ensure the team develops the concept, proves key technologies and demonstrates designs are robust, cost effective and fit for purpose for a high volume manufacture environment, through detailed laboratory testing, simulation and analysis prior to handover to the development teams
• Support, review and critique:
o Sensor selection including, but not limited to, gas, particulate, audio, infrared.
o Research into new sensor technologies and the design of sensor conditioning circuitry o The selection of microcontroller and processor systems
o The development of simulation tools and algorithms for sensor data processing, modelling and analysis
o Thermal management design of electronic systems
• Ensure designs can comply with relevant EMC/EMI standards and modifying design where needed
• Assist in the personal development of the team and undertake appraisals of the team members.
Whilst the Embedded Electronics team is responsible for supporting products at initial design stages, a key focus for any successful applicant will be to develop strategic supplier relationships, seek out and research early stage technology initiatives and look at ways of incorporating these technologies into future and new product opportunities.
The Technology Leader role in Embedded Electronics requires a balance between technical ability and people management.
A successful candidate should expect to be deeply involved in projects at a technical level and responsible for project delivery, as well as being able to manage direct reports.