We are seeking a Specialist / Engineer to be based at a Technical Centre in Cranfield which is the head office for this businesses Research & Development operations in Europe. You will be responsible for capturing & providing detailed automotive market insight & European customer requirements regarding advanced technologies, to help realise the business's Intelligent Mobility Strategy.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Identifying European unique customer scenes.
- Establishing detailed European customer requirements for future automotive systems / technologies.
- Analysing European automotive market and customers to identify unmet needs and help develop potential solutions.
- Propose / Set performance targets for future systems through static and dynamic benchmarking & customer clinics.
- Making accurate and clear feedback to the Design & Test departments to ensure the European requirements are clearly understood, so that suitable solutions can be developed / engineered.
- Analyse customer surveys / market data to confirm performance of competitor models & technologies. Identify areas of improvement and understand customer requirements to feed into future models.
- Evaluating technologies / features during the Advanced Development phase to confirm their suitability for the European market.
- Analysing current market trends, and predicting future trends in the automotive industry.
As you would expect, being a global organisation, working cross functionally across the business (inc R&D, Product Planning & Market Intelligence) will be an essential part of the role.
European travel is a certainty but you may be required to travel outside of Europe during crucial development periods.
Your background will include:
- Degree level education.
- Customer focused, with an understanding of the European automotive market / environment.
- Experience in preparing simple and concise reports, and delivering clear presentations to a wider audience, using suitable facts and data.
- Experience of data analysis.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability in researching and proposing future requirements / solutions.
- Able to respond to changing demands speedily.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for communicating across all regions of the business, in Europe, UK and Japan.
- Ideally have vehicle engineering experience.
An in depth knowledge of mainstream competitor vehicles and an understanding of future technologies coming to the automotive industry (E.g. Autonomous Drive, User Experience) is preferable.
What’s more, we believe you’ll like working with us because of our valued culture. We pride ourselves on being a transparent, cross-cultural and ambitious business.
It's this diverse workforce that makes us interesting. We thrive off new thinking and differing perspectives. That's why we encourage and take full advantage of the mix backgrounds, genders, nationalities, ages, and lifestyles found among our employees.
This means our people are representative of the personalities found within the communities where we do business around the world. This makes us powerful. So if "the power comes from inside", then our diversity defines the strength of that powe