This is a rare opportunity to work for an award winning R&D team, developing world class products for the consumer electronics industry. With work focused on research projects primarily related to transducer & loudspeaker systems design you’ll be performing acoustic, mechanical and electromagnetic simulations & modelling. This will involve close collaboration with the Product Development, Production Engineering and Manufacturing teams, so good cooperation and communication skills are essential.
Your role will mainly consist of these activities:
• Create and maintain COMSOL simulation methods
• Use analytical and numerical mathematical modelling, with the help of MATLAB and/or other software, in the design and evaluation of transducers, loudspeaker systems and room acoustics
• Design and perform measurements and experiments using appropriate test equipment to validate your simulation and modelling work
• Investigate any other matters related to numerical simulations, experimental procedures or new technologies relevant to the R&D activities
• Document your activity as well as create working procedures and design guidelines
You’ll do some other cool stuff too, like presenting what you have discovered to the other R&D teams, attend academic conferences and exhibitions, collaborate with universities and supervise student projects and internships, and of course test the products to make sure they are going to be the next market leading speakers!
What we are looking for:
• M.Sc. or PhD. in Acoustics, Electroacoustics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or something similar such as Music & Technology
• An In-depth understanding of audio systems physical working principles
• Previous usage of COMSOL finite element software
• A working knowledge of linear and nonlinear loudspeaker modelling is the key to this role
• A working knowledge of the Klippel would be very useful
• Knowledge of MATLAB would be beneficial
This position would suit a Research Engineer who has proven ability within the audio industry and is able to run simulations in COMSOL to support product development teams. You should be comfortable running non-linear modelling for loudspeakers, be able to prepare practical measurements to validate your work. This would suit an Engineer who can appreciate the big picture and understands how their work contributes to the overall success of the product development process.
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
- Life assurance
- Discounted products
- Free Food
- Relocation allowance available if needed