Our client is an innovative company who specialise in advanced engineering, electronics and software systems for pioneering electric underwater technology for engineering industries - Marine / Oil & Gas; manufacturing electric powered Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) systems.
To read and interpret mechanical drawings of incoming manufactured components to ensure compliance with current drawing specifications.
Proactively contribute towards improving the quality of the supply chain. Highlighting non conformities and recommending corrective and preventative actions.
Job Specific accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Measure and visually inspect mechanical assemblies and piece parts, for defects to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Ensuring all incoming material arrives with the correct paper work such as first article inspection, C of C reports and Tensile test results.
- Updating the MRP system with any material batch movements.
- Ensure that all measuring equipment used is within the calibration schedule.
- To assist with the external calibration process by highlighting any measuring equipment that is out of calibration date.
- To report non-conforming products using the current SSL procedure.
- To liaise with internal/external suppliers and customers to resolve quality issues.
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
Must demonstrate proven quality control experience &/ OR Mechanical Inspection experience to be considered for this opportunity