Our client are an established Engineering consultancy who are best known for designing, developing and manufacturing high performance race engines. They offer a range of services; full turnkey solutions from concept to delivery through to design, manufacturing or testing.
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager to lead a small department of Quality & Inspection Engineers. This role will ensure the business is working to the highest standards including ISO9001, ensuring products are delivered in accordance with customer requirements.
As such, we are seeking applications from candidates who ideally have experience as a Team Leader or Quality Manager and have worked in a high precision manufacturing environment. My client are flexible on the Engineering sector background, the key things is to have experience in Manufacturing, CMM, Inspection along with strong people management skills.
This role offers the chance to work for a business highly invested in technology, at the forefront of engineering developments and in an environment which truly has a family feel. You will have the opportunity to identify areas for improvement and to own and shape the quality function.
• The ability to interrogate data, make recommendations and take a team on a journey of improvement
• Maintaining and developing ISO9001 and/or AS9100
• Experience of influencing all stakeholders including Engineers and Senior Management
• The ability to coach, develop and manage individuals; to drive a culture of continuous improvement, learning and a desire for excellence
• Previous examples of creating and maintaining a Quality Management System as well seeking continuous improvements through the use of KPIs
• Excellent problem solving skills including techniques / tools such as 8D, PFMEA and 5S and the application of corrective actions as well as Lean Manufacturing (SQDC)
• A track record of achieving Quality targets - efficiencies, waste reduction etc..
• Experience of auditing and ensuring Quality compliance
• A degree in Engineering or Quality as a minimum
• You will have a background in a CNC machining environment (Motorsport, F1, Aerospace is desirable) and ideally had exposure to CMM / inspection processes
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a Quality role, preferably as a Quality Manager and at minimum as an excelling Quality Engineer