12 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Our composites manufacturing company based in Worcester is seeking a new Quality Manager to manage their Final Inspection department.
Overall purpose of Job:
• To efficiently and effectively manage, lead and assume responsibility for Quality KPI’s, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times
• Monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance, measuring against set standards
• Ensuring that manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards
• Ensure that the product is fit for purpose, is consistent and meets both external and internal requirements. This includes legal compliance and customer expectations
• Evaluation, mentoring and training of reportable team
• Manage the creation, evaluation and improvement of Manufacturing Work Instructions
• Effectively manage and maintain material testing activities
• Manage all aspects of the company’s dimensional activities.
Principle Accountabilities & Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Ensure all jobs have appropriate work instructions, gauges, tools etc. prior to processing to minimise disruption and reduce quality risks
• Manage Quality Concern/8D investigations and Corrective actions
• Lead strategy initiatives to improve quality and reduce costs
• Manage, control and development of Material testing activities
• Ensure all new products are managed and implemented with robust processes to meet Customer demands
• Manage the Company’s APQP activity
• Scrap reduction; Internal scrap & Customer returns
• Cost of Quality; Reduction of rework activities
• Allocating and managing staff resources according to the ever changing needs of the organisation
• Timely provision of support to production to minimise disruption and downtime
• Ensure all good Health and Safety practices are being followed
• Environmental standards in line with accreditations
• People Management such as Performance Management, Coaching & Mentoring etc.
• To advocate the organisation in a positive and professional manner at all times
• To undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the post and participate as and when necessary in organisational wide initiatives and projects
• Management of supplier quality performance and input into supplier approvals.
• Experience in quality management systems
• Experience in quality system audits
• Body in White (BIW) Engineering or pressing experience
• Experience within an IATF16949/AS9100 environment.
Knowledge and Specific Skills:
• Knowledge and experience of creating APQP, SPC, FMEA, PPAP and Control Plans
• Understanding of Customer Product Quality expectations
• Ability to drive through change
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to read engineering drawings.
• Relevant degree and/or time served qualification desirable.
• Must have a high level of integrity
• Strong team working ethics and customer focus
• Own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Well organized and have an eye for detail
• Strong problem solving skills
• Can-Do attitude.
• Able to work extended hours when the occasion arises.
• Full Driving License is essential.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.