4 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Honda F1 are seeking a Quality Inspector on a permanent basis in Milton Keynes. The key objective of the role is to maintain assurance of Supplier and Parts Quality. You will take day to day responsibility of the inspection of incoming parts, and in process assemblies, predominantly of an electronics nature.
• The role will assure that company imposed design, technical and quality specifications are adhered to by suppliers and that the quality system is maintained.
• Conducting root cause analyses for component or process non-conformances followed by immediate containment or resolution actions.
• Driving yield improvement through the identification and elimination of process defects and variation using problem solving and analysis techniques
• Reviewing and analysing corrective action reports to reduce and eliminate defects.
• Monitoring quality control activities and systems at suppliers and sub-contractors through auditing and continuous improvement activities.
• Providing specialist advice and guidance on optimum QA/QC processes and quality plans for all development, design and manufacturing processes.
• Geometrical & Visual Inspection of newly manufactured Electronic and metallic Items
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Extensive Quality Engineering and Manufacturing experience.
• Working Knowledge of IPC 610 International standard
• Degree in production/mechanical engineering or equivalent Desirable
• Knowledge and experience Ability to apply advanced quality engineering principles with internal teams and suppliers.
• Metrology experience to include Harness, tensile and surface testing
• Weld and Solder joint analysis on electronic components
• Experience of QA tools e.g. Control Plans, Poka Yoke, FMEA, APQP,SPC
• Experience of using CMM’s and laser scanning arms with Poly works software
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance
• Experience of working with electronic components and Batteries
• Driving Licence and competent to drive in the UK