Our Automotive client are seeking x2 Quality Engineers for a 6 month contract assignment. This role will drive internal improvements in Warranty Claims, Internal PPM, Cost of Quality and Process Adherence through recognised six sigma techniques, as well as supporting production with analysis and corrective action activities for internal and supplier concerns. You will also support the Customer Quality Technician as required in ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Internal improvement activities and concern analysis.
• Responsible for organizing complaint containment activities (Customer, Internal and Supplier).
• Organize and run weekly problem solving / 8d / 5 Why meetings.
• Manage warranty analysis, claims, reports and corrective and preventative action. (Reduce customer complaints and claim costs).
• Assist in the Development of Quality Systems documentation.
• Continuous improvement projects.
• Run preventative workshops.
• Effective root cause analysis.
• Support PDP Activities as required.
• Be an effective part of the value stream mapping process review team.
• APQP support to Project Engineer.
• Working within Environment, Health and Safety regulations
Mandatory skills / Experience
• Recognised problem solving techniques.
• Six Sigma
• Knowledge of Quality Systems.
• Lead problem solving reviews.
• Ability to drive actions to completion.
• Web based applications / Customer Portals.
• Statistical Analysis
• Data Trending
• Core Tools.
• FMEA / Work instructions / Control plans / SPC.
• Fully conversant with Microsoft office applications.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the IATF16949 standard.
• Ability to generate KPI's.
• Full UK Driving licence / UK residency / Permit to work.
• Global Dimension and Tolerancing.
Preferential Skills / Experience
• Internal auditing experience.
• Customer facing experience.
• Plastic injection moulding experience.
• Knowledge of SAP software.
• Knowledge of ISO 14001.
• Degree in Engineering / relevant subject.