An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to join a cutting-edge power company based in Norfolk.
They provide the complete solution. Not only a leader in ultra-high performance electric motors but also complete EV drivetrains and ultra-fast power electronic systems.
As well as developing proprietary technology such as an ultra-compact, lightweight high performance spoke motors they also offer industry leading EV consultancy too.
- Data driven analytical approach for continually improving product quality and reliability. Support in delivery of product that meet the company’s quality, technical and health & safety standards, in line with both the internal and external customer satisfaction requirements.
- Working to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- QSHE Auditing across all functions in the business
- Support with delivery of quality and business KPI’s
- Support new product Implementation & system development.
- Liaise with Customers and our Internal teams to fully define product quality requirements.
- Improve process/document controls at every process stage of manufacturing.
- Create quality documentation including APQP, PPAP, FAIR, 8D, ISIR and critical reports to business/Customer specifications.
- Supporting metrology activities
- Driving Total Cost of Quality including operation efficiency, rework of non-conforming material, returns and scrap.
- Formal monthly reporting, auditing monitoring, and reviewing results.
- Completing Supplier audits and appropriate development plans
- Develop relationships and knowledge of Suppliers and maintain annually update profiles.
- Support of in-house and external calibration system
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a applicable Quality environment
- Professional Quality or Technical Qualification
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and associated processes
- Working knowledge of zero defects philosophy
- Demonstrate full understanding of engineering drawings and Geometrical Tolerancing
- Ability to actively and confidently promote best practice
- Competent with the application of Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Attention to detail and delivery targets
- Excellent application of Microsoft Office, Project and Powerpoint presentations
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills