£Neg + benefits
This is a challenging and exciting time, and this business is rising to the challenge, with Quality a critical driver of our ability to deliver for their customers and to be a partner of choice. In this position, you will be based in Halewood, Liverpool or Coventry, West Midlands, ensuring customer satisfaction and project management of identified quality change activity from design to completion.
Responsibilities and duties
- Ensure Voice of the Customer (VOC) is clearly understood, translated into requirements, technical specifications and special characteristics and the product or process benefits are designed in through prevention. APQP supports the early identification of change, both intentional and incidental to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform Supplier Quality role in relation to our harness plant, as well as working with Supplier Quality Engineer for new / end items and assisting the business on new product introduction from the design phase through to completion.
- Project management of APQP activity from start to finish, maximising customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Participate in pre-production build phases in Customer and provide containment plans and formal responses to close out customer issues.
- Track customer quality and maintain communication and alignment between the internal teams – Engineering, Customer Support Engineers and Manufacturing facilities, to deliver customer quality and drive continuous improvement.
You will be process driven, with a qualification in Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience. You will have strong experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment where you have applied quality principles, concepts, theory, and practice (e.g. 6 Sigma, Lean, problem solving tools, FMEA, APQP). You will have practical experience applying statistical methods, including statistical process control and sampling techniques. You will be aware of the IATF-16949 standard and the requirements for compliance. Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels is vital in this role, as is the ability to manage and deliver projects.