A client of mine is looking for a contractor to join their Engineering Quality & Functional Safety team for a period of six months (there could be potential to extend etc. etc. however no guarantees at present), and I wondered if you are available at the moment?
We’d like someone with experience at a Senior level, able to jump straight into the role and manage workload and responsibilities across more than one project. The client is an automotive technology firm with over 150 talented people globally.
The role is responsible for supporting the development of the new global Quality Management System, whilst ensuring high quality is achieved throughout project lifecycle until design release.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
• Support the development and/or improvement of the Quality Management System, against ISO9001:2015
• Develop and maintain the interfaces between the UK and other sites within the organisation to ensure Design Quality is maintained throughout manufacture and delivery to our customers
• Engage with our customers and local suppliers to resolve quality issues, involving the relevant engineers to support resolution if required
• Support the mechanical design team by performing quality checks on engineering drawings prior to release and support Design Reviews
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
• Engineering background, either through experience or degree
• In-depth knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
• Ability to develop/assess engineering processes
• Expert in root cause analysis, Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and 8D problem solving
• In-depth knowledge of APQP and PPAP guidelines
• Ability to understand engineering drawings, specifically to BS 8888 standard and GD&T
• Background in Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and Design For Assembly (DFA)
• Experienced in working with customers and suppliers to resolve quality issues
• Experience using Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
• Experience using SharePoint Online
• Fluent English
• Experience with other relevant standards including IATF 16949, ISO26262, A-SPICE
• Electric motor and drive specific design and manufacture
• Experience in automotive Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 industry
• Experience in managing and maintenance of JIRA & Confluence projects and content
• Experience/background in 6 sigma
• Experience in Siemens Polarion
• Fluent Chinese
Rate is negotiable and open to discussion. They offer a flexible approach to working hours with a mix of home & office working available.