Reporting to the Quality Manager you'll be working either as an individual or part of a team on both production & customer quality issues with an emphasis on problem definition, root cause identification & the implementation of appropriate corrective actions. This will include working with suppliers to improve the quality of both parts & process as the SQE.
The role is within the quality team. The role provides support to manufacturing and to the development of new products for the UK and China.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Take the lead as directed in problem solving of production and product quality issues.
• Undertake process improvement projects to increase product quality.
• Work with purchasing & NPD teams to help identify potential suppliers.
• Work with suppliers to resolve factory and field quality issues.
• As part of the quality team, responsible for the support of EOL test issues and equipment.
• Work with the supplier in maintaining & improving their performance based on agreed KPIs.
• Responsible for the management of the concessions process.
• Responsible for ISO documentation within the quality department.
• Adhere, contribute and constructively challenge departmental processes and procedures in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 2015.
Minimum, HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and proven experience in quality engineering.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Fundamental understanding of core manufacturing processes.
• Practical ‘hands on’ attitude in support of manufacturing processes.
• Able to plan and work in an organized and systematic manner.
• Able to capture, process and manipulate data using MS Excel or other.
• Broad understanding of all common factory level metrology systems
• Working knowledge of at least one CAD system preferably Siemens NX.
• Working experience with SAP in a manufacturing environment.
This would suit a quality engineer who is used to solving product quality issues, either completed items or individual components. A QA Engineer who is able use inspection tools such as CMM, laser scanning or shadow graphs as well as liaise with suppliers, review processes and analyse data. We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, is confident, assertive and able to deal with a variety of people across the business.
You’ll need to have worked within engineering & manufacturing and be familiar with precision machining; comfortable around CNC machinery etc.
• Competitive salary
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
• Life assurance
• Discounted products