Honda F1 are seeking a PU Performance Engineer to join their team in Milton Keynes. The purpose of this role is to manage the operation and reliability of PU (ICE and ERS System) at Trackside and at Factory to support the development of Formula 1 Engines on Dyno.
• Manage the PU allocation for race and test.
• Manage and look after each Power-Unit (ICE and ERS System) operation and control data.
• Person in charge of PU to Chassis team
• Attend and take active part in the pre and post event meeting to chassis team.
• Attend Simulator sessions with Chassis team which includes Energy Management Data setting as required
• Understand updated control specification (algorithm), create and setup control data.
• Summarize the running result and optimize the control data setting, and provide recommendations for next steps
• Daily report; Create and Report Daily trackside feedback information etc.
• Any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of Formula 1 Power Units (Direct Injection, Turbo Engine, MGU, ES)
• Ability to analyse data from Power-Unit reliability and performance aspect
• Exposure/knowledge of ERS Power-Unit Energy Management
• Track-side experience
• Excellent document presentational skills
• Familiar with analysis tools such as ATLAS, System Monitor
• An adept communicator, able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable
• PC literate
• Competence and licence to drive in the UK
• Travel overseas will be required