Honda F1 are seeking a PU Engineer to join their team in Milton Keynes. The main purpose of this role is to carry out Technical Research of Formula 1 industry advanced technology and Data Analysis of Dyno & Track test result to facilitate and accelerate Honda Formula 1 power unit development.
• Main R&D team contact person for any technical research programme with European Technical consultant.
• Carry out technical research of Formula 1 industry advanced and latest technology.
• Carry out comprehensive research of Honda PU technical advantage and competitor gap analysis.
• Carry out PU Data analysis of Trackside run and Dyno test in both performance and reliability aspects
• Create a report and provide technical leadership to the team, with action plan for further testing or feedback to development team in HRD Sakura.
• Support Dyno Test programme
• Create Technical report relating the above responsibilities.
• Any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of Formula 1 Power Units (Direct Injection, Turbo Engine, MGU, ES)
• Ability to analyse data from Power-Unit reliability and performance aspect
• Strong Exposure / Deep knowledge of Direct Injection Engine combustion technology and senior level skill to carry out the analysis.
• Previous experience of technical guidance and Formula 1 best practice highly desirable
• Familiar with analysis tools such as ATLAS, System Monitor
• Excellent document presentational skills
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable
• PC literate
• Competence and licence to drive in the UK
• Travel overseas will be required