22 days ago
Salary / Rate:
£negotiable depending on experience
Prototyping and Virtual Build Engineer
We are working for a classic motorcycle brand developing an electric motorcycle and we have a unique opportunity for someone to join at the start of the project, working with specialist technical partners doing clean sheet development whereby you be involved in managing prototype build.
This roles therefore, requires someone with two wheel / bike experience within a similar vehicle engineering prototype build role.
The Prototype Build Engineer for this position will be responsible for managing all prototype build activities including developing and communicating build plans based on vehicle specifications, test plans, and program timing. The Engineer will also be leading multiple teams to assure all program deliverables are met and resolving any issues affecting build quality, engineering design, manufacturing process, and timing.
In the office;
· Be responsible for the planning of prototypes and subassemblies; ensuring that all the deadlines from the engineering department are met. This includes all engineering needs for vehicle builds, testing and validation;
· Coordinate and organize all activities that are relevant to the success of the prototype builds. This might include organization of meetings, workshops etc;
· Be a key interface between the engineering, workshop and manufacturing team;
· Propose alternative production methods for prototype parts acc. To the maturity of the builds;
· Propose engineers DFMs alternatives to improve the manufacturability of the vehicle during development phases;
· Support design engineers with the selection of standard parts such as fasteners. You will also be the main interface to other departments for these parts (e.g. purchasing);
· Support on selecting prototype suppliers in accordance with the responsible engineers and the purchasing department;
· Document, track and communicate build issues to ensure timely resolutions. This will include root cause analysis for prototype build problems;
· Develop processes and methodologies for traceability of prototypes and critical parts;
· Be responsible for maintaining proper documentation of the prototype vehicle release plans and notes.
In the workshop;
· Be disciplinary responsible for the technicians in the workshop (including management activities)
· Be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the inventory and equipment in the workshop together with the build needs;
· Be responsible for maintaining the parts stock in the workshop for prototype builds;
· Be responsible for maintaining the workshop based on 5S principles.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum: 8 - 10yrs+ of relevant experience in two wheeler, automotive field
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration. Please only apply if you have some two wheel / bike experience as this is required for this prototype build role.