Our automotive client is looking to drive sustainable transport through innovation, and they are looking for the best people to join them and help stay ahead of the competition.
Working with them is your opportunity to become an expert in your field and to help set world-class standards in design and production quality. Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to their approach. They know that teams who share one vision whilst drawing from a range of diverse backgrounds and experiences are the most innovative.
Working at this company means enjoying a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment, and their challenges require innovative solutions and provide a unique opportunity to shine and grow with the company.
In this role you'll be working in the Advanced Motor Research team & your main duties will be to support the development and testing of automotive motor technology. The position is “hands-on”, involving the assembly and test of prototype motors and associated electronic products in a test lab environment.
• The mechanical and electrical assembly of motors
• Setting up and building test jigs and fixtures, wiring and soldering
• Completing all types of testing, data collection and performance evaluation of prototypes
• Generating test documentation and providing the necessary reports
• Product strip-down and evaluation of alternative technologies
• Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment at all times
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
• Solid experience as an electro-mechanical technician in an R&D laboratory or product development environment ideally involving electric motors
• Experienced in working to test procedures and generating test reports
• Experience working in an environment with hazardous voltages
• Experienced with soldering and wiring
• Experienced in using lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, current clamps, data loggers etc.
• Working in an ISO9001 environment with an appreciation of ISO/IEC 17025
• Self-motivated and innovative with the ability to work independently with little supervision as well as part of a team
• Ability to recognise and act upon opportunities for improvement
• Able to bring new ideas and enhance existing ones
• Highly organised with the ability to stay focused
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
They typically value and measure themselves against these “Best Self” behaviours:
• High Integrity
• Discretionary bonus - up to15%
• 37.5 hour week with core hours from 10:00-16:00 Monday to Friday
• Life assurance at 4x salary
• Pension - Up to 7%
• Private healthcare
• Employee share options scheme