Our Automotive OEM client are currently seeking a Project Researcher, Cloud Computing to join a growing team in their Technology Lab.The team conducts projects in the connectivity, Autonomous, shared and Electrification domain to investigate technologies to potentially roll out globally. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team which will work on future technologies in making the vehicle a more integrated member of the wider eco system.
The candidate is mainly expected to be a key contributor for the design and development of a cloud based, data oriented, connected service platform to which the hardware is being connected. This role is suited to someone with a general PaaS and SaaS back ground that wishes to broaden their skills. Supplier management is a key requirement ensuring quality and agreed timelines are met. You will be working within an extended Global team in Sales and overseas R&D offices. Strong communication skills are essential for building working relationships within and outside of the company. Awareness and a passion of the latest technology is a requirement, allowing research to be conducted and adding value to the EU technical direction.
• Responsible for work packages relating to the design, test and deployment of back end, cloud based systems for ongoing and new projects which require off board connectivity support.
• Conducting research of latest technology, specifically data networks, PAAS and SAAS technologies, thus assisting in futureproofing connectivity protocols and security standards.
• Develop back end in cloud computing (either AWS, Azure or Google cloud), with basic knowhow of the other two.
• API development for information exchange between back end technical blocks
• Development of back end architecture in the R&D environment to assist technical proof of concepts from an IoT skill point
• Application research of Machine Learning/ AI technology to IoT back end solutions
• Research of new and emerging technologies in IoT domain.
• Self-managing own project activities and conducting project reports to executives on occasional basis w.r.t status of activities on going
Key skills / experience
• Proven knowledge of network / applications integration experience with cloud based / IoT technology desirable
• Proven Knowledge of major cloud services and IOT solutions (AWS/ Azure/ Cloud): Expertise in one with knowledge of the other two
• Excellent and broad technical knowledge – Understanding of a wide variety of IoT technology and its application to day to day activities.
• Knowledge of Machine learning and AI technologies is desirable
• Knowledge of Data privacy related technology and cyber security protocols is desirable.