High-tech engineering business is seeking a proven client facing Project Manager.
You will need to be from a technical engineering background; able the to be the technically lead; you will also have proven client facing Project Manager exeperience; successfully delivering projects into an Automotive OEM client.
You will take responsibility for developing and driving project plans for multiple customers through to completion. Reporting to our Head of Project Management, you will be responsible for providing the bridge between the customer and internal engineering teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Acting as the prime technical and project interface to key customers
• Generating realistic, achievable project plans using MS project and driving these through to completion
• Ensuring design and project best practices are followed; identifying any gaps and developing processes as the company grows
• Working closely and effectively with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project delivery
• Facilitating discussions with key members of suppliers on timing costs, APQP, PPAP and delivery requirements
• Working with the Sales Team to realise technical opportunities with developing customers
• Providing updates to management on the state of projects and developing action plans to resolve issues
• Ensuring that development, procurement, assembly, and delivery meet project timings
• Motivating and driving internal teams by setting goals and direction.
Skills and experience required:
• Proven experience working in the automotive industry within project management
• A demonstrated track record of engineering ability in an electrical or mechanical discipline
• A proven track record of successful project delivery
• Experience managing OEM customers both technically and commercially to ensure costs, delivery, and quality are clear at all times
• Good awareness of best practice development processes, requirements, and expectations
• Experienced in the use of MS project and practical project/risk management techniques
• Instinctive problem-solving skills coupled with a sound analytical approach
• A 'self-starter' attitude with energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to thrive in a small business environment
• Ability to work under pressure whilst managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, practiced in negotiation and presentations
• Experience of working within a Tier 1 environment is preferred
• UK driving license and ability to travel.