Our specialist Battery Engineering client are seeking a Project Manager to join their expanding team.
This is a Project Management role in a fast-paced specialist battery engineering and manufacturing company and the successful candidate will have ownership of and responsibility for all aspects of Project Management including development & management of Timing Plans, Budget Control and Internal & External Project Communications, managing the process from Concept to Delivery, whether it’s a prototype project or a full production programme.
Working as part of Project Team consisting of a Product Owner, Design Lead, the PM will be responsible for overall project deliverables for timing, budget, and resource planning within the project definitions.
• Project Management
• Develop & Manage Project Timing Plan with Input from Others.
• Control Budget & Project Resources to deliver projects on time & on budget.
• Prepare Weekly & Monthly reports to management team as well as ad hoc reports as required.
• Manage customer communication and lead all customer meetings.
• Write and maintain Meeting Logs & Minutes and disseminate them to required parties.
• Manage Customer Requirements and maintain change log.
• Manage Internal & External Resources including booking test facilities and prototype build resources.
• Project Support – Engineering
• Support Engineering Functions as required with Timing & Budget Information
• Assist in Technical Discussions & Meetings by taking minutes and managing change requests.
• Single Point of Contact for Timing & Budget Issues for Engineering Staff
• Project Support – Manufacturing
• Support Manufacturing Co-Ordinator with Build Planning from Timing Perspective
• Support Manufacturing Co-Ordinator with Facility Improvement Requirement Requests from Budget & Timing Perspective.
• Support Manufacturing Supervisor with timing plans for prototype builds so they can plan resources effectively.
• Project Support - Purchasing:
• Ownership of overall Procurement Timing & Budgets
• Assist in supplier selection from budget & timing perspective.
• Ownership of Project & System budget inclusive of component & investment costs as appropriate
• Liaise with internal resources and suppliers to secure parts as required.
• Project Support – Management Team
• Feed into management time and provide detailed overview of current project performance.
• Support Management Meetings as Required.
Skills / Experience:
• Experience of running projects from Cradle to Grave
• Experience of managing multiple projects and prioritising work is desirable.
• Experience of working within a technical or production related environment is desirable but not essential.
• Technical Knowledge of Batteries or Automotive systems not required, training will be provided, and technical decisions will be managed by Design & Product Owners.
• Budget & Resource Management Experience Essential.
• Competent Time Management of other and Microsoft Project/Timing Plan Management is Essential.