At the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 40 years, this company is an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
In this role you’ll be project managing system orders in terms of reviewing and scoping the requirements, organising the delivery, installation, and commissioning of the products/systems to ensure it meets the customer’s operational requirements.
This will involve a variety of responsibilities such as:
• Generating configuration sheets and documentation
• Providing installation and operational expertise and guidance during the pre and post Sales process by attending customer visits
• Leading Remote support capability
• Being the vessel database custodian
• Working as the subject matter expert for deployment systems
• The main point of reference for LUSBL-USBL systems, including performance modelling, system architecture, installation, acceptance testing, internal and external training and calibration.
• Developing and maintaining the project plan
You’ll be working with a range of customers within the Oil & Gas market mainly DP Drilling, Construction and Survey. Project Values vary between £100k up to £3m and projects are international in scope.
There will be a requirement to travel regularly to customer sites worldwide, trials facilities in the UK as well as international Regional Offices and offshore when required.
In order to qualify for this position you’ll need:
• HNC/HND Electronics or equivalent qualification
• Project Management qualification or certification e.g. Prince2 would be desirable
• A working knowledge and understanding of the project management lifecycle
• A good knowledge of USBL, LUSBL, DPINS and associated products and systems and their application
• A sound knowledge of the customer base and requirements for Oil & Gas market mainly DP Drilling Construction and Survey
• Relevant experience of working in an offshore/offsite environment delivery, installation and commissioning
• Experience of tank, factory and sea acceptance testing
• Experience of conducting operational activities in a multi-cultural environment
• Proven experience of managing customer relationships
• Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel and Project
This would suit a Project Manager with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, who can clearly communicate across all levels and with customers whose first language is not English.
You’ll also need personal drive and enthusiasm, strong planning and organising skills as well as the ability to achieve results through others.
• 25 days holiday
• Excellent Pension
• Death in Service x6
• Health Cover
• Bonus - PRP (not guaranteed but has historically paid between 5-18%)
Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm (flexitime available)