This is a chance to join an expanding technology driven company who are making a real impact within the Oil & Gas Industry.
The role is to project manage the design, procurement, manufacturing and test of the product at the manufacturing plant. You will need to have a strong technical background bringing both your project management expertise and engineering skills together to develop cutting edge production technology.
You will be expected to work within and lead a multi discipline integrated team with our mechanical, composite, control and electronics engineers. You must be able to provide strong direction working with the relevant internal stakeholders to specify the requirements and then deliver the system within tightly controlled budget and timescales. You will need subsea engineering experience.
Project management techniques and the ability to procure technically demanding hardware will also be part of your remit. We are looking for a strong commitment to quality management systems to control procurement activities with appropriate levels of risk.
Excellent communication skills are a must as is the ability to author high quality documents and constructively review those documents prepared by others as well as be instrumental in further honing current procedures and processes.
Your development skills will be used to rapidly expand the production technology into high output manufacturing lines.
• An Engineer that has progressed to Project Management with a strong technical background and capability.
• Project Management of the design, build and commissioning of bespoke state of the art production machinery and processes.
• Internal management of project teams/stakeholders and of external suppliers
• Tight control of budget and schedule in accordance with best project management practice
• Risk based approach to development of complex manufacturing systems
• Excellent ability to document your and the projects work
• Experience in large size, high precision, bespoke machinery
• Strong Engineering theoretical and practical background
• Creating and managing specifications, Bill of Materials, FMEA, risk assessment, actions lists.…
• Proven skills in effectively working in and leading teams of engineers and technicians
• Experience in managing external partners and manufacturers.
• A graduate with a honours degree in Engineering (or related subject) from a quality university
• Hands on approach with a good awareness of software, electronic systems and testing.
• Proven experience in engineering and project management
• Working knowledge of engineering quality systems in accordance with ISO9001
This position would suit a Project Manager who is energetic, passionate about engineering & has worked within the subsea oil & gas industry. The team take a structured approach to project management and we are looking for someone who is able to make sound judgements on risk, problem solve throughout the project lifecycle, has an open communication style and is genuinely interested in producing a world class product for their customers.
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme - 5&5
• Private Health Insurance for family - Vitality
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking