Project Engineer, Materials - Automotive
|Job Title:||Project Engineer, Materials - Automotive|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2018 11:16|
Our Automotive OEM client are seeking a Project Engineer, Materials to join their team on a permanent basis. As a Project Engineer in the Materials Group, focusing on decorative coatings, adhesives and sealants, you will carry out research projects to establish European standards and new technologies which are superior to competitors, exceeding regional and global customers’ expectations and therefore enhancing brand value.
• You will be a member of the Materials Group focusing on decorative coatings, adhesives and sealants.
• Carry out research through attending and reporting conferences, supplier investigations and benchmarking to support European and Global strategy setting.
• You will use your knowledge to propose and proceed research projects based on the set strategy.
• You will progress local material approvals and make your own proposals to improve regional competitiveness, working closely with factory procurement.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• You will ideally have a University degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, or equivalent.
• It is desirable for you to have some relevant work experience in materials research or manufacturing processes for the automotive industry.
• You will have a general knowledge of automotive materials.
• Knowledge of automotive paint systems and processes is desirable.
• You will be proactive and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation to deliver results.
• Good ability in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
• You will be organised and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• You will ideally have material testing experience with the ability to evaluate test results in order to make judgements and recommendations.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Materials Handling & Logistics Manager
£65,000 plus bens
Senior Test Engineer (Interior) - Automotive
Competitive + benefits
HV Safety Curriculum Development Trainer
Ltd an hour
£30,000 - £45,000
Service Engineering Manager
£Neg + benefits