Our Automotive client are seeking a Project Engineer, Electrical to join their team on a permanent basis.
This role sits within the Design Quality team, and you will support the R&D function by carrying out technical investigations of vehicle issues and improving customer satisfaction. This would be an excellent opportunity for an Engineer at the early stage of their career, who has a Degree in Automotive Engineering, Electrical or Mechatronics. It would be great if you also had some knowledge of Infotainment systems, Telematics and Software investigations.
• Leading Quality projects related to design and specification with cross-functional teams.
• Carry out complex technical investigations and deploy countermeasure actions that improve vehicle, reduce warranty cost and improve customer satisfaction.
• Use in-house systems to collect market data and incident parts.
• Travel to incident vehicles, operational environment and clarify customer requirements.
• Take hands on approach to locally re producing symptoms and analysing defective parts/vehicles/Software.
• To take investigation beyond the existing company available information.
• Preparing reports, present results to senior managers and executives.
• The role will require frequent travel to overseas and on occasions at short notice.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
• University degree in Automotive Engineering/Electrical& Electronic/Mechatronics.
• Demonstrable Problem solving skills.
• Strong communication and leadership skills that will build good relationships.
• High level of self-motivation and able to handle multiple tasks under pressure to achieve deadlines.
• Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams (Service, Factory and Design).
• Quick learner (New technologies, tools and techniques).
• Excellent IT skills (Excel, Power Point).
• Previous experience of working within Quality.
• Automotive experience of leading technical projects.
• Automotive experience in testing, data logging and diagnostics.
• Knowledge of Infotainment systems, Telematics, Software investigations (Advantage).
• Knowledge of sensors set-up, SW Control, Power Electronics and e-Drives (Advantage).