about 1 month ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our Global Automotive OEM client are actively seeking x2 Design Quality Project Engineers to join them on a permanent basis.
The Design Quality department's main objective is to quickly resolve and prevent reoccurrence of Quality concerns - working in collaboration with service colleagues, design and factories, to reduce warranty and improve customer satisfaction, and reflect know-how back to the head office to be included in future products. As a Project Engineer (PE), you will be responsible for leading a specific category and working across all functional activities within the department to deliver results and achieve department targets.
• Managing quality concerns related to design and specification.
• Managing projects with multi-functional teams (factory, service and design).
• Lead a specific category investigation (and support other categories as required).
• Carry out complex technical investigations and deploy countermeasure actions.
• Travel to incident vehicles to investigate operational environment and customer concerns.
• Take hands-on approach to locally reproduce concerns and analyse defective parts.
• Take investigation beyond the existing available information.
• Reporting problem status and future activities to top management internally and externally.
• University degree in Automotive and/or Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• Demonstrable problem analysis & solving skills.
• Project management skills.
• An adept communicator able to build good relationships across all teams.
• Be proactive and demonstrate high level of self-motivation to deliver.
• Have a flexible attitude towards conducting work priorities based on other categories.
• Able to stay focused under pressure and with multiple task requirements.
• Excellent skills in Excel and Power Point
Desirable: (One or more would be an advantage)
• Demonstrable experience in Chassis area (brakes, suspension, steering, fuel) and/or ADAS systems.
• Demonstrable experience in troubleshooting/testing software systems (infotainment, navigation, telematics).
• Good knowledge of powertrain systems – ICE, transmission.
• Good knowledge of power electronics, HEV, EV, energy management and high voltage systems (PCU, IPU).
• Excellent knowledge of electrical components, sensors, automotive system architectures & communication protocols.