Exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to be responsible for the development of Headphone systems with an emphasis on the mechanical design and integration of acoustic, ergonomic, functional, electronic, communications, radio and aesthetic elements.
Working in a multidisciplinary team bringing products to market through design, product development, and manufacturing phase.
This team includes UK based industrial designers, design engineers, acoustic engineers, product/project managers and their own quality team in China in collaboration with OEMs/CMs and their suppliers.
The role often involves communicating complex concepts, troubleshooting, problem solving, learning fast and making tough decisions.
You’ll be expected to have some knowledge of all aspects of headphone design and a responsibility for system design from concept through to realisation. This is an exciting, dynamic role in a product segment that will underpin the Brand’s visibility and revenue aspirations.
• Technical direction for Product Brief and RFQ
• Technical risk reporting
• Benchmarking/design verification and competitor assessment
• Creation of design constraint documents for industrial design
• Collaborating with industrial design teams in the creation of ID concepts, concept selection and maturation
• Liaise with design engineers (UK and Far East OEM) to integrate acoustic, ergonomic, structural, functional, electronic, comms, radio and aesthetic attributes-whilst ensuring design for manufacture and cost
• Liaise with quality engineers to define quality and testing requirements
• Liaise with OEM build and supplier teams on the development of new processes
• Liaise with Acoustic and Transducer Engineers to ensure all requirements are met
• Resolution of snags/issues throughout build phases
• Ongoing input to functional requirement
• Flagging IP issues
• Support of Project Management
To be considered for this position you’ll need a relevant qualification in product design, mechanical engineering, acoustics, physics, electronics or similar and associated skills/experience.
• Experience of developing small consumer electronics products
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills including the creation of reports and presentations
• Experience of viewing in CAD
• Prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice and for extended periods.
• Experience of developing headphones and/or audio/wearable products
• A good grasp of ergonomics and relevant metrics
• CAD design and simulation
• Experience of tool design and general DFM
• Project management qualification
• Fluency in Mandarin
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
• Life assurance
• Discounted products
• Share option scheme
• Childcare vouchers