A Global Automotive OEM are currently seeking a Project Engineer, Energy Management to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants who have an interest in future vehicle technologies - battery technology, electric vehicle energy storage systems, charging systems and power delivery. You will be part of a dynamic team working on future technologies in making the vehicle a more integrated member of the wider eco system. The job entails research, development and proving of electric vehicle based power technologies, and how it fits in the wider eco system from a energy generation/ distribution perspective.
• Act as expert for Energy Management area covering power grid infrastructure and Vehicle to grid connections and opportunities.
• Conduct research relating to design, test and deployment of Electric power technologies relating to EVs.
• Research and identification of new and emerging energy technologies and potential application to Honda.
• Technical writing of Product Features & Specification.
• Work with cross-functional, multi-site teams.
• Occasional overseas travel may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• University Degree in Electrical / Electronic engineering or equivalent.
• Knowledge and proven experience of Energy markets within EU in power generation/ distribution.
• Knowledge of battery technology, electric vehicle energy storage systems, charging systems and power delivery.
• Knowledge of AC and DC systems (LV and HV), power electronics, bi directional AC/DC conversion.
• Proven knowledge of project management handling multiple stakeholders.
• Knowledge of PLC systems, programing skills, control system design and assembly is desirable.