1 year fixed term contract - £35-55k or Ltd Company Contractor - Circa £30ph
Our client is a Venture Capital backed start-up that specialises in providing a service to customers by coating their parts. The company is expanding rapidly and are looking for motivated engineers to help us on the journey to deliver a production facility.
They are looking for a creative Manufacturing/Production/Project Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning. The goal is to design and integrate components into a production line. They are looking for a senior or lead engineer to fill this role and depending on the experience will be expected to lead/mentor other engineers. This an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about creating great solutions and services to our customers.
The role is based near Brighton in the Engineering Department, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
• Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
• Delivery project’s workscopes from design to implementations including project managing sub-contactors.
• Using scientific, mathematical, and engineering principles to solve problems and improve processes.
• Using computers to compile and analyse data.
• Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
• Produce outline designs
• Conduct experiments methodically, analyse data and interpret results
• Test and evaluate theoretical designs
• Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
• Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
• Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
• Estimate budget and scope of project
• Prepare product reports and documentation
• Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods
• Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
• Perform risk assessments
• Proven working experience in engineering
• Knowledge of relevant health and safety standards and compliance with.
• Adequate knowledge of engineering tools
• Solid understanding of design engineering core concepts
• Creativity and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
• Technical writing skills
• Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
• Conduct root cause analysis to determine improvements and faults
• Exceptional problem solving, verbal and written communication, presentation, and project management skills.
• Some travel may be required in role
• Experience with control systems or handling systems desirable
• ATEX knowledge desirable
• Coating knowledge desirable
• Automation knowledge desirable
• BSc degree in Engineering or equivalent