My client is a Global Motorsport & Automotive Tier 1 Supplier, providing engineered and product development services to Major Race teams and Automotive OEM’s around the world.
Specialties include suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, carbon fibre structural components, mechanisms and mechatronics.
A brand new role has arisen for a Project Engineer to join the close dynamic team on a permanent basis.
You will have at least 3 years' experience in an Automotive environment within a similar role. It would be a distinctive advantage to also hold suspension experience, but this isn't essential.
You'll be proactive and a self-starter with excellent communication & professional presentation skills for customer and supplier interfacing.
As the Project Engineer you'll undertake project management of a stand-alone mid-sized project or a subsidiary element of a main vehicle engineering and development program alongside the Program Manager
- Lead and deliver project plans for new proposals and existing projects through liaison with functional departments leaders.
- Risk planning and management throughout project.
- Manage project timing within overall program plan; track progress changes and develop recovery plans when necessary.
- Ensure quality of deliverables from functional departments, manage achievement of project deliverables at program milestones, and facilitate customer sign-off at gateway stages.
- External customer liaison and reporting for stand-alone projects.
Minimum HNC/HND third level qualifications.
Preference will be given to candidates with Degree level in Mechanical Automotive Engineering