The role of project engineer is an integral part of the development of technology at this company. You will be leading exciting new projects from initial concept studies through to the handover of completed systems to our production team. You are expected to be both an exceptional Engineer and a prodigious project lead enabling you to design, develop and implement complex engineering procedures for our internal production processes. You will be leading projects and work packages, developing cutting edge processes and technology in a development group that works across all areas of our product and production processes.
Little of our product and production processes are standard, instead they are pushing forward the boundaries of what is possible. This role demands hard work, problem solving skills and the capability of managing teams of engineers in composite pipe manufacturing and movements. You will also be expected to deliver engineering insight and solutions in a well-integrated team working with our mechanical, control, electrical and quality engineers. We are looking for someone with great project management skills, who sees projects through to the end and is open and communicative to be able to develop solutions and formulate innovative ideas to keep the company progressing.
• First class or upper second-class degree in Engineering or related subject.
• Project Management Skills. Able to manage internal engineers and external partners to produce great results on time, risk and budget.
• Experienced in leading technical projects involving the development of large industrial equipment and processes
• Create and manage clear documentation in all areas including;
• Risk assessments (FMECA’s, Task Based Risk Assessments)
• Design Information
• Schedules and Budgets
• Experienced in solving complex engineering challenges.
• Experienced in hands on managing of people through all areas of the organisation from engineers, technicians, production staff and suppliers
• Supervise and lead the commissioning and initial implementation of new complex process and equipment builds.
• Experience in developing processes as well as the physical solutions.
• Strong theoretical and practical background that you can apply to a wide range of problems
• Knowledge in interfacing the different engineering disciplines
• Proven skills in effectively working in and leading teams of engineers, manufacturing engineers and technicians
• Experienced in managing external partners and manufacturers
• Working understanding of the regulations in areas such as
• Machine design (CE, machinery directive)
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking