2 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
I am currently looking to recruit a Project Coordinator to join our world class Engineering consultancy client.
The key purpose of the role is to plan, coordinate and support the management of designated projects to deliver agreed objectives including revenue, timing and deliverables. Successful candidates may then develop to manage their own small project under supervision of the Senior PM. The Project Coordinator is responsible for the engineering and technical disciplines of ongoing projects and will establish inspection criteria for the proper implementation of all the elements of a project.
To be a successful project co-ordinator, you should have the ability to work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills. You should also have excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
• Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring of assigned engineering projects.
• Formulating project parameters and assigning responsibilities to the most capable employees and monitoring the project team.
• Interacting with clients, interpreting their needs and requirements, and representing them in the field.
• Performing quality control tasks on budgets, schedules, plans, and personnel performance and reporting on the project's status.
• Cooperating and communicating with the project manager and other project participants and collaborating with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project's profitability.
• Provide input to the costing process for the programme, liaising with Engineering, Procurement, Operations, Suppliers, Legal, Test and Development, Quality and Business Development as required
• Understand and follow business processes to support programme delivery
• Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
• Developing specifications for the project's needed equipment.
• A Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field.
• Demonstrable interest in the field of engineering
• 5 or more years' field and project planning experience.
• Excellent computer literacy especially MS Project & Excel
• Excellent project management and supervision skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.