Project Coordinator - Automotive / Motorsport
|Job Title:||Project Coordinator - Automotive / Motorsport|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2021 11:17|
Our Automotive technology and engineering services client are currently seeking x2 Project Coordinators to join their team on a permanent basis.
The key purpose of the role is to support the Programme Manager (PM) on large programmes, to deliver agreed objectives for programmes including project cost, timing & quality metrics.
Successful candidates may then develop to manage their own small project under supervision of the Senior PM.
• Initially supporting the SPM/PM to manage Engineering programmes throughout the product lifecycle in a coordinated, focused, structured and well controlled manner including:
• Create and maintain plans for programmes
• Managing programme costs
• Identifying and achieving the programme deliverables
• Progress reporting, both internally and later directly to the customer
• Technical requirements (with appropriate inputs from Engineering Leads)
• Act as a point of interaction with internal customers in person, by telephone and email.
• Provide internal customers with bill of materials (BOM) and technical updates as determined by the programme type, or ensure this activity is managed appropriately.
• Provide input to the costing process for the programme, liaising with Engineering, Procurement, Operations, Suppliers, Legal, Test and Development, Quality and Business Development as required
• Ensure that the customer is invoiced by directly liaising with the finance department.
The ideal candidate will display the following key attributes:
• Strong Will: The candidate must possess a high level of resilience to operate in a fast-paced challenging environment. The candidate will be determined and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to the correct standard. The candidate will need to operate semi-independently; taking direction from the Project/Programme Manager, but assuming responsibility for delivering without continual guidance.
• Energy: the candidate will display an obvious enthusiasm for the business and its products. They will have an interest in being part of the team and will collaborate with others to support the achievement of their goals. We are looking for ambitious candidates; keen to challenge themselves to grow within the business.
• Control: the candidate will need to be very disciplined and organised with a strong emphasis on planning. This is a fast-paced business, therefore it is essential to show strength in this area in order to be successful. Openness and transparency are key attributes to not only build relationships, but also enable successful delivery; the candidate will be expected to demonstrate this.
• Numeracy: this is a data rich organisation; as such the expectation is that candidate will be numerate and well able of operating and managing data sets.
• Engineering background: although not essential, this role would benefit from a candidate with an engineering interest or someone who comes from a technical background. Although not an engineering role, the candidate will be expected to liaise directly with engineers; understanding enough detail to produce accurate plans.
Personal Qualities & Qualifications Required:
• Excellent communication skills; the ability to present numerical information to a varied audience and develop and nurture a diverse range of working relationships
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrable interest in the field of engineering
• The ability to work flexibly to strict deadlines
• Commercial awareness
• Previous experience of managing and developing internal and external relationships
• Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office and preferably MS Project
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Design Quality Project Engineer
Competitive + benefits
Principal Battery And HV Electrical Powertrain Engineer
Competitive + benefits
Systems Engineer – Exterior Electronics
EMC Engineer – Software and Electronics