Function Group Coordinator
Reporting to the Function Group Programme Manager (FGPM) but working closely with the Chief
Engineer and Principal Engineers, the Function Group Coordinator will be responsible for managing
the Bill of Materials and administrating engineering change for the Function Group. The role will
require close liaison with the PDM and PLM teams to ensure data is compatible with the wider
business requirements and processes. In the initial stages you may work between two Function
Groups, later being dedicated to a single team as activity ramps up.
Release Management, including:
• Ensuring requests for change are progressed through from initial raising through to
release, liaising with all stakeholders of the change.
• Validating add/delete list to ensure data has been correctly assessed and all affected parts
• Progression of the release through the selected release system to completion
ETRS Management, including:
• Ensuring CAD is on track to meet release timing & raising releases accordingly
• Reporting back any lead times at risk to Programme & PDM team
• Ensuring time-planning tools are kept up to date (in liaison with FGPM)
BoM Maintenance & Validation, including:
• Ensuring the Function Group BoM is fully populated and accurate, liaising with the
relevant engineers to identify missing or incorrect information through regular BoM
• Aligning altered CAD data aligns to releases and all CAD is frozen prior to commencing
• 2-4 years of automotive experience, with direct experience of working with Bills of Materials
and release processes.
• Excellent communication and co-ordination skills - at ease working with a cross-functional
team of engineers and suppliers.
• Flexible, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own
initiative and remain focused under pressure.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office, particularly capable in Excel and handling large/complex
• Ability to prioritise workload & manage external inputs/requests